View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 09:02 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
Rob, those quilts are beautiful. I often hear you and others talking about colorblock quilts but I wasn't honestly clear on what they entailed. After a little research, I found a Debby Brown site - is this where you got your start with this idea? I never imagined a scrappy quilt could have such cohesion - I'm sure I've stared at it for at least 10 minutes! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Gemm- yes, I have been using her free patterns for the Color Block quilts. She posted a link on her website to her Teachable site. You have to sign up for her "class" to get the patterns, but it's free.

In 2021 she created a pattern for each month using 16 patch "color blocks" made from 2.5' squares. It was a great way to use up those scraps. I also found it nice to have a quick to put together quilt each month that I could use to try out new to me FMQ ideas on. She is doing another one for 2022, also free. Check out her website for a link to her teachable site if you want to do that one. I'm sitting it out since I'm still trying to do all the ones from 2021 LOL!

Rob