View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 03:35 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I always support folks who can say what they will or will not do whether they can or not. I’ve said No to a number of friends who ask for something either I don’t want to do or can’t do. That being said - I “met”
a woman on words with friends a long time ago. Over months we chatted and then became Facebook friends and texted now and then. This woman couldn’t be more different than me but we have stayed in sort of contact for years never meeting. About 3 years ago her mother died and left a quilt mid project. The woman asked me how I felt about finishing it. I said yes. She shipped it to me. What a mess. It was from a pattern or kit from a long time ago and was a sort of Irish chain pattern. The mother had apparently had some issues because some of the strips were torn, some were cut and none of them were the same. I took it to the quilt shop as my Friday project and got encouragement from the women. I started to think what was going on with this poor woman that the project was such a mess. But the words with friends woman wanted this for her granddaughter to be as a memorial from
the baby’s great grandmother. So as I worked on it it became a “labor of love” so to speak. I did “whip it into shape” and made the top. I got backing and batting and quilted it with a simple meander and put a label on with the story and sent it. Well it was so well received. By the time I finished it the baby was
born and old enough to “play”’in the quilt. The words with friends woman wrote me a beautiful letter. Then she offered to pay me! NoNoNo. I still feel good about that. But I also have said No a lot of times. Im
very good at saying No.