View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 04:15 PM
GingerK

Stitchripper, what a lovely story. You did such a wonderful thing for your friend and her family.

SuzzyQ, the two projects involve hexies. In both instances, my friend drew the hexie on the back of the fabric and rough cut around it, then added batting (sometimes cut to shape and sometimes not so much), folded down the edges of the fabric and basted. For the larger hexies, I honestly could not find two that had matching sides. I took out all the basting, removed the batting, recut the fabric, marked the quarter inch seams and have almost all of them put together. That is the first picture. The ones on the upper right have been sewn together. The hexies finish at 4 1/2 inches on a side and 5 inches point to point. I will sandwich and quilt on my DSM, just outlining each flower. I think she will be pleased. Something to note is that none of them had been put together. I saw signs that she had tried and ripped them apart.

Some of the smaller hexies have been put together in bunches. They measure 2 1/2 inches on the side and 3 inches point to point. That is the second picture. She did say that she did not like seeing the stitches but I just don't know how far to go. I am willing to do the same application even though it will be tremendously time consuming. Oh dear...

Newbee3 my sincere apologies for hijacking your post.
Attached Thumbnails img_1475-small-.jpg   img_1477-small-.jpg