Old 01-20-2022, 07:21 AM
Iceblossom

This morning I am back to leaning towards the Olfa green. The biggest issue is the purple is too close to the garnet and it gets muddy around the cornerstones. Hoping my solid white arrives today... maybe having the setting triangles will help me out. On the non-artistic side of design considerations, I have a cousin who believes I should work more in purple (her favorite color) and then give her the quilts and this quilt doesn't have a designated home yet.

I'm thinking today I'm going to do something different and start putting my border units together. That also might make a final sashing decision a bit easier.

Sandra-P -- I do the fix/make the same error so often it isn't even funny... Is even worse that I prefer to do all of a step at a time so typically I have tons to redo.

For me and the Butterflies -- I've spent so much time picking up and putting down blocks that I can see/understand the design issues. When I step back though, whether I have them turned "correctly" or all the same way, or even different ways, what I mostly see is the diagonal lines and it takes me quite a bit of effort on what doesn't look right. I tried to do my layout correctly, I'll try to put my blocks together correctly -- but most likely I'm going to leave it in if I make a mistake.