Thread: new
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Happy Tails

Hi everybody, I'm new too. I am from Nova Scotia, Canada and have just started to type on here lol You guys are awesome and learn lots from you. You guys use lots of abbreviations that I have yet to figure out, lol but hopefully I will eventually. My introduction to quilting is a unique one. I don't come from a sewing family and therefore never sewed in my life. I got it into my head to make a quilt for my mother and father for Christmas. Not even knowing how to thread a machine, I bought one at Walmart, got my daughter to show me how to thread it and off I went to my first quilting class. To make a long story short, the class was for a "lap quilt" (never heard of that) and after much bribing with Tims coffees, was able to talk the instructor into giving me the sizes for a quilt that would fit a bed (who knew) It was the snowball quilt and I must say, turned out amazing (I'll never tie another quilt tho, lol) Needless to say, I now have the bug and although this whole quilting thing does not come natural to me, I struggle but I love it. My sister is opening a "Dog Grooming Shop" and has asked me to make somethings for in her shop. Little quilts and stuff, any ideas? I've been online for days trying to find some free patterns, have one for a coat, but I'd love any suggestions. Who knows, could be the start of a little business for me. Anyway, thanks for listening and I enjoy being part of this group. Wendy