View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 08:03 AM
EmiliasNana

I have spent the first three weeks of January following Karen Brown's 2022 de-cluttering challenge for my sewing room and have made tons of progress. I am a pretty organized person anyway, but had way too many ideas and future projects put aside for future endeavors. It was beginning to overwhelm me with guilt, for purchasing them, or not being able to get to them so..................out they went. I am lucky enough to have a fabulous resource near me that takes all kinds of craft type items and resells them. It started out as an art supply store for teachers but anyone can donate or buy from them. They got a total of 16 bankers boxes of fabric, books, patterns, notions, & containers, etc. I also took 4 boxes of books (2 of quilting books) to the library's bookstore that also sells books to benefit the library. I donated two sewing machines to charity stores and one to a friend. This past weekend I made a new closet curtain for the closet where I still have enough projects to last me at least 10 years, and two new sewing machine covers to match. Now I am ready to enter a new, clean and uncluttered sewing space that looks nice and appealing to work in. I cut up my scraps from the above into 2 1/2" strips, ready for my scrap bin. Here is the reveal LOLresized-sewing-closet-curtain.jpgresized-sewing-machine-covers.jpg