View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 03:02 PM
hav4boys

Well, I am late to the party. My mom had another surgery on Monday and it required a skin graft. Life is always interesting.

I am a 52-year-old that loves all crafts. I sew, quilt, sublimination, paper craft, crochet, and love ceramics. I am married and have four sons and a bonus daughter. We have two grandsons, Hyde (5 Feb 4) and Hendrix (3 March 1). My eldest (Joshua - 30), his wife and the boys just moved to Arkansas. They drove out on January 14th and I flew out with the boys on the 18th. It feel like a part of my heart has been ripped out. They are living in my Great Uncles home that was built in the 1840. Our goal is to be in Arkansas within 3 years, depending on when I desire to retire. My second born son (Jacob - 29) works for Tesla in Nevada and just informed me he will be moving to Texas by the end of the year to work on the Tesla big rigs. He was married in October. My youngest (Adam - 23) plans to move to Oklahoma this spring. My third son (Austin - 26) still lives at home and my bonus daughter (Natalie-22) lives about 20 miles away with her grandmother, my mother-in-law. She has jaw cancer and we did not want her living alone but she does not want to leave her home, which is understandable.

My mom has stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer. It is extremely aggressive and I help care for her. She lives with my sister who lives 8 miles away. They have told us there is nothing else they can do after 4 surgeries and 1 year of chemo. My sister's husband has Parkinson so I assist with him too. Around all that, I sew and quilt.

I work full-time as a fiscal policy advisor to the governor. I love my job but working from home these last two years is taxing. I miss the interaction with people. I think our Legislature likes the remote hearings so who knows if we will ever go back to in person hearings. Time will tell.

I joined in Boom 18. I love making blocks for others. I would always default to paper-piecing, but make myself do piecing and applique. I just love the precision I get with paper piecing.

We have a 15 month old Belgian Malinois that is training for nose work and agility. She is so cute and so much fun. We have 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. I love animals.

The picture is of my grandsons feeding the chickens at their new home in Arkansas and one of my pup.

Attached Thumbnails boys-feeding-chickens-subiaco-ar-1.20.22.jpg   clea-11.11.21.jpg  

Last edited by hav4boys; 01-27-2022 at 03:08 PM.