View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 10:22 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I managed to get the baby quilt top put together out of stash- I had a (“ Love you to the Moon”) panel and used that with a couple borders- then the fleece I had planned to use for the back ( teddy bears sleeping on crescent moons) wound up being cut so crooked ( someone bought it at Joanne’s and gave it to me ) it wasn’t usable for this quilt - it is directional and the top was wide enough- 1/2 way down it was a whopping 8” too narrow. So, I made a trip to our little local quilt shop- gosh it’s been a long time since I’ve been there! Anyway they had some oh so soft Moda Snuggle fabric that was the perfect color so I picked up 1 1/2 yards- sure I didn’t need that much but I couldn’t wrap my ( boggle brain) around the math at the time. I will use the excess for something fun for the baby. Anyway it was nice to stop in- sure looks like lots of new wonderful fabrics this year. I didn’t buy anything else though. Just what I needed. It’s kind of incentive to continue using up what I have and finishing up old projects so I can move forward. I’m going to try to get the baby items all done in the next couple days before I get back to work on Wednesday. My sister in law is planning to go downstate with the baby crib and the items I’ve made next weekend ( it’s her first grand baby)
hopefully I will have pictures to share by Tuesday afternoon