View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 05:31 PM
Libster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is one more set of blocks finally assembled. These were from a swap on another board, I think from before I started posting on this one, so they've been around for a while. It was a drawing, anyone wanting to join was sent a 12.5" square of the same fabric to make a 12.5" block and return. Then a name was drawn from the participants and that person won all the blocks and about a yard of the fabric. The catch was that the winner had to supply the fabric for then next one.

This was one I won - which I wasn't real thrilled about as I didn't care much for the fabric. It's a rather strange brown color, and very hard to find fabrics that looked good with it. Most people went with a fall look, so that helps. This was open to anyone that wanted to join, and many were novices to sewing and quilting. About 1/3 of the blocks were undersize, and several others were so wonky that they needed help. I'd say most of the problems were from not trimming units before sewing them to other units. I used the undersized and wonky blocks and remade them so I could add sashing around them to get 12.5". I did use all the blocks I received, and only had to make one more to have enough. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I did one of those swaps too, although I didn't win anything. You've done a beautiful job of making all of those blocks look great!