View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 07:02 AM
mjpEncinitas

[QUOTE=Janice McC;8534427]It’s a good idea at this time to remind everyone that color requests are just that, requests. The vast majority of swappers will do as you request (at least their interpretation of your request) but occasionally someone goes their own way. No way around that. The major rule everyone must follow is to make a 12 1/2 inch square block, or as reasonably close as you can get to that goal. And makers determine the block they want to make. If anyone has questions about an f8, reach out to the owner or to me. Chances are you won’t be the only one who has the question

yes I have two or three boom blocks I just didn’t include in the quilt because they didn’t play well with the others. Sometimes my fault, as my directions weren’t clear enough. I’m going to make place mats out of them. I always ask if I’d like to vary.

When I was new I tried to do simpler piecing blocks. One time I tried the more advanced ones and I had to add a border to make it come up to 12 1/2. Once was enough. My first boom I made a double set of blocks for the medium difficulty blocks. The first for me, the second for the boom, so I could practice. Different fabrics though.

my boom sisters were very gracious about my efforts.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-31-2022 at 07:08 AM.