Old 01-31-2022, 01:36 PM
woodland creature

Quilt top #1 is complete. It's going to have to wait to be quilted, as there are at least three more projects in line. The best thing, however, is that I actually cleaned up the cutting and sewing tables and my desk and put all the extra fabric back where it belongs. I spent about six weeks in November and December resorting, re-ironing, and refolding my stash so I was determined to keep things at least semi-organized for more than a month (we're just not going to mention the section of the space that I didn't get to yet, though).

I had about 7-8 different yellows and oranges. Because the orange was so prominent, I spent a fair amount of time making sure the different fabrics were spread throughout the top, and I think I succeeded. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I looked at the photo that I realized that most of one of the yellow fabrics is pretty concentrated in one spot. But I'm leaving it the way it is because no one will probably notice but me.

I still have all the hourglass blocks to deal with, but I have more to make as it is currently planned. Alas, I may have to accept that the second top will to become a UFO for a while. Hopefully by the time next year's mystery comes along.
Attached Thumbnails rt1-top.jpg