Thread: Bernina 570 QE
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 09:57 AM
sewingpup

I see you already got the new 790. congratulations. Anyway, I had a 570 that kept jamming out of the blue and would make a big mess in the bobbin area, had it in several times, tech thought he fixed...then it would do it again out of the blue. I finally traded it in for 590 which so far, I am loving. No issues with it. Now I also had the gear symbol come up on the screen and the machine would not go. Now this is just Bernina's new way of telling you that something is wrong somewhere. And it will not let you stitch until you fix it. It is commonly called "the gears of death" anyway, apparently this is when the sensers detect that there is a problem usually with trying to do something that requires too much power. It protects the machine. It has been a while since I have had it happened and if it does, there is some videos out there and also some info in the manuals somewhere. From what I was told is that the 590 is really pretty much the same as the 790 but it has a shorter neck and is thus lighter. I have a long arm so did not need the longer neck space. I think the 790 plus has even more features. Have fun.