Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
joannl

John,
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my husband of 33+ years last Aug after 15 years with Common Variable Immune deficeincy- also an autoimmune disease. It is very hard to lose the person you love. I hope working on this will help.
I would use basting spray to put the circle on your quilt top then use a tight zigzag. I recommend practicing with a smaller circle on scrap fabric.
Wishing you peace from your memories.
Jo Ann
Originally Posted by PicklesPimento
I don't mean to over share, but I'm hoping a sob story might increase the chances someone will take pity on me and offer up some help.

I'm 34-year-old guy whose husband died in January after 5 years with Lou Gehrig's disease. He was endlessly and uniquely creative and I miss him terribly. One of his ideas near the end of his life involved quilting. He had squares cut out and a concept fully formed before his arms stopped working. Taking care of him by myself, I didn't have the time to learn to sew. I have never sewn a single stitch and I still don't know how to sewn on a button, but I've been sewing non-stop for a week straight. I've finished up both sides of the quilt and its huge…..mammoth…..more than king size.

Now here's the deal, I need apply over one of the sides, a very large perfect circle (or at least as close to as perfect as possible). Probably 4-5 ft in diameter and 8-10 inches thick. How do I sew the cirle and then how do I sew it on top of the existing side? I'm at a loss.

Please help.

Your pal,

John