Old 02-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Iceblossom

I got a good start this morning and then decided I needed to go out and get dog food. Which I did, but I had car problems on the way home. Hate car problems, been just muttering to myself all afternoon.

Susie, I know I kept forgetting about adding the sashing on one end (either top/bottom or one of the sides) and wanted to cut my length before the top/bottom was on. I know -- I could just measure it but instead I did the layout along the butterfly straight line. That's really about all I got done today. My plan is to sew the top/bottom inner border on, then measure for the long border. I'll make the geese fit to the border before I put it on the quilt. Then, the top/bottom borders along with the 4 units we had left from the flower blocks for the corners.

Anyway, short form -- see if you just need some corner stones for the inner border first, and do you have the 4 squares for the corners of the goose border pulled out or still have to make/find??

The inner border sashing is also cut at a different size from the sashing. Just a small difference but enough to make a difference if you are keeping the sashing mesasurement in mind.