Old 02-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Iceblossom

Woohoo SusieQOH -- nice finish! I really like the overall softness of yours, and I like the slightly darker neutrals in the butterfly squares.

It is a big heavy quilt and long-arm appropriate. The last two I was pretty happy just doing a serpentine stitch along the gridlines, but I feel this needs some big all-over swoopy stuff in my solid white.

I have one long side officially on the top -- it went pretty easily and fit nicely. I marked the fourths on both the border and the quilt, and the center was easy to determine via the blocks and the handy diamond right in the center of the border. I did folded paper piecing for my diamonds and kept the paper diamonds as row labels. During construction I could tell my top/bottom and my sides apart because I put on One safety pin in the middle of the goose unit for the start of the top/bottom and two for the long sides. Really helped me but I still had to count the individual geese about 72 times... Even with my garnet squares trimmed into triangles and stay stitched, I had to lay it out flat on the ironing board and not try and pin the pieces on my lap, just too much give that way.