Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Sara

One of the techs. at my shop told me the same thing and said it was my fault because it didn't skip when she used it. I then contacted the owner directly and have gotten a different attitude. I saved every sample I had that showed the skipped stitches so I had proof. If they still say you are doing something wrong, set up the machine at their shop and sew in front of them and ask them what you are not doing correclty. When they say "nothing" you can then ask them to please continue to resolve the problem. They will be changing the spring on mine so I'll see if that helps. Improper stitch formation can also be the problem, so they also need to check the timing. Be sure that the shop updates your software and firmware when needed because that can also be an issue with the BSR. I was able to use the BSR perfectly for thousands of stitches, and then all of a sudden it would skip for a while, and then work fine again, so it's not something that can replicated with a few minutes of testing. This is a widespread problem with the Bernina BSR, and your dealer needs to be held accountable for fixing it. It's common for techs. who don't know how to fix a problem to just say it has to be something you are doing wrong. Having a meeting with the store owner using your "no nonsense" tone of voice might be needed. I also printed off all of the notes from people having the same problem and took them to my dealer so she knew that I knew that this is not a problem unique to only me. I also was very open with them that I was in frequent contact with Bernina directly. I also got a note recently from Bernina that said that the manual was incorrect in telling you to set the presser foot pressure to "0". They said that it needs to be left at the default which is 47. I just e-mailed them and asked them if the manual was correct and got that response, so you might want to do the same thing so you have that e-mail in hand too.