View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 11:43 AM
pennyhal2

Yes! I've been horrified at the cost of fabric nowadays. Like others, quilting and sheep herding with my corgis is what I spend money on. We don't travel now that we are older. I guess we spend more money than most on food as I cook everything fresh to control how much salt my elderly husband gets. However, most of the quilting stores have gone out of business. I hate buying fabric online because it never looks like it does on my monitor. I've been so disappointed in precut fabrics that I buy online that haven't used any of it yet...a lot of duplicates in layer cakes, fabrics that don't blend well together etc. I planned for my retirement well and saved a lot when I was working so that I wouldn't have to cut back drastically, But, I sure regret the price of fabric! It really keeps younger people from wanting to learn this skill and keeps me from purchasing fabric that does not fit well in my stash. Where I used to buy an unsual color or something unique to experiment with, I just can't expand my stash more with fabric that does play will with others already