View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 07:48 PM
mjpEncinitas

Petthefabric. The blocks are fantastic. I can’t wait to see what you make for me!

All the blocks are glorious! I will be working on a lot of boom blocks while I’m doing a five week van trip!

Here is my friend Kathy. We have three days to quilt and bind this king sized boom block quilt. I did some FMQ stay quilting. Kathy is doing quilting with a walking foot on the outermost layer. Nothing like having your first quilt be a king sized quilt!

I’ll got back and do some fancy FMQ tomorrow. Then Monday we finish up and bind. The quilting bee went well, we got the last big border completed, with the help of the quilting minions.

it’s been a really fun visit with her. I can’t wait to post the finished quilt. Another UFO will be off the list. I’ve used all the boom blocks I have except for the ones that match the ones you are working on!

our motto for this quilt is ‘ it’ll never be noticed on a galloping horse and that’s the only kind I ride’ Kathy is stitching in the ditch and she told me, it’s mostly in the ditch, a close neighbor anyway, thank goodness, for invisible thread.

she’ll take the quilt home to Connecticut with her. I’ll miss you when she’s gone.
Attached Thumbnails eefc20e3-6fc2-481c-8e7a-1334d27c0bed.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 02-19-2022 at 07:53 PM.