View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 07:35 PM
Thumbs

Do you have the manual?

No manual. I did look up and read what is supposed to be the manual on line. Looked at a ton of YouTube vids. That’s where all my info has come from.

————
Have you cleaned and oiled the machine?

No I have not done any maintenance at all. As of now this is not my machine. I am trying to get an estimation as to the condition and if it’s worth the time and extra expenses. All areas Ivan see are clean and look in good shape

———-
Does it actually stitch in reverse when move the lever all the way up?

Yes it does stitch in reverse and seems to do a good job.

———-
What size needle and thread are you using?

whatever one came in it. I have no idea.

————
What kind of fabric are you sewing?

Felt

———-

Right now I am trying to assess the condition. If the problems I am seeing are signs of a major problem. The machine looks very good on the outside in all areas I can visually inspect. She runs smooth and quiet. There is no apparent lint under or around the machine. The bobbin area is clean and runs smoothly. The bobbin oiler is worn down and needs replacing.

————
As of now my concern it she short stitch length even when set to 6 stitched to the inch she stitches close to 15.

Full disclosure. I am an ole guy. 74. I only started sewing last year. I just sew to make simple items I need and to repair equipment that wares out like straps on packs. I started sewing making masks then protective bags and such to protect items. Also the occasional leather stitching. I want a simple well built tough machine. I came across this one and was told to take it home and try it out. If what I am seeing are generally adjustments that need to be made fine. If it indicated a possible major problem I’ll just pass on to another machine. I do like this machine though.