View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 07:51 PM
OurWorkbench

I remembered that I have a 99 clone which has the lever. However, it does not have the thumb screw to lock it from going longer. I was able to see that I really need to clean that machine and find a bobbin cover slide plate for it. It had a lot of lint under the needle plate.

If you look at Fig. 21, of the 192 manual, you will see the places on the bottom that need oil. The bar across the top with joints on both ends are the ones that move when I change the stitch length. I would probably take the needle plate off (after removing the needle and presser foot) to see if I can see a bunch of lint build up to prevent it to move the feed dogs the full length while moving the lever. I remember one person who needed to adjust the feed dogs as were hitting the needle plate when the stitch was lengthened. That does not sound like that is your problem, though. When troubleshooting, I try simple things before digging deeper.

As I mentioned before - If you look at the bottom of the machine and move the lever you may should be able to see some parts that move and even if just a little, oil all the parts that rub together along the path from the right side of the machine to the feed dogs.

Oh, I forgot to mention to only use sewing machine oil. Some of the other oils that say they are for sewing machines have some additives that tend to gum things up. So no 3-in-1 or WD-40.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 02-27-2022 at 07:57 PM.