View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 06:16 AM
Karamarie

I also am retired and make a few quilts a year, more smaller things. I am making my 2nd grandchild a T-shirt quilt for graduation. Last year I made my first grandson a T-shirt quilt. As it seems so many people are into the soft fleece blankets now. With that in mind, I got a piece of no plush fleece that went so well with the school colors. No batting just the top and fleece back. It is as heavy, but not heavier than a quilt with batting in it. Grandson just loves it as it is so soft and cuddly. Sometimes I feel that quilts can be stiff even after being washed. I think some are just quilted too much and that is what makes them stiff. If they are not cuddly, they won't be used as much. I want the quilts I make to be used. I also do my own quilting on my regular sewing machine so I can control the amount of quilting. Not everyone is comfortable with their own quilting on their regular machine but I am and so enjoy doing it. I learned by watching a few U-tube lessons and then practice. That is my biggest money saver with quilting. Love to shop thrift stores, etc. to find bargains. We all have our own ways. Enjoy the process and what works for you.