View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 12:17 PM
berrynice

Unhappy Let's talk about shipping

I for one usually do all of my ordering online for my quilting. I don't need to tell you that it can get to be quite expensive, so I try to shop for bargains and use coupons, watch for sales.

The the big day arrives when your long awaited or desperately needed order is finally delivered.

Really..... I just received a much awaited order today. Pretty expensive, needed it for the quilt I'm working on, plus I ordered enough to give me some for some other quilts I'll be making. Didn't go too bad at first, I was able to get it on sale, with lowered shipping, so I took advantage of it and ordered an extra one. The order was shipped out pretty much on the expected timeline, so no worries there, but then..... the shipper they used, had it marked on the truck for delivery for 5 days. Their excuse for not delivering it was weather.... ummmmm, the storm was three days past, but maybe they were behind for a day or two. But, come on - out for delivery on the truck for 5 days. um no!

So, I finally got it today. Unbelievable. The fabric, on bolts, was basically shrink wrapped in retail store shopping bag, like plastic, not even mailing envelope thickness, and then the 4 bolts were just taped together in the middle with moving tape (the clear - think scotch tape only wider). All of the plastic wrappings (all 4) were split open on one side, pretty much half the length of the bolts, along with other slits in the plastic covering. The tape holding them together was so loose, I surprised all 4 were still in the bundle, so they were flopping every which way. And the dirt on the fabric was a mixture of grease, and dirt from the truck, I'm thinking floor, as it was so dirty. Not to mention, the fabric on the bolts used to be snow white!!!!!

I called the retailer and got a full refund, and was told to trash the order. Which it is, trash that is, as it is totally non-useable, It would never be white again. And, it isn't just on the outer layers. Since the ends of the bolts were exposed as well, it is all through the fabric, every single layer. It also feels like it was wet at some point,

It was nice that I got a full refund, but they wouldn't replace it. Said I would need to reorder it myself. Honestly, I don't dare, with the way it arrived. I'm not naming names because the way I look at it, it is both the retailers fault for they way they packed it for shipping, and the shippers fault for part of the damage. (I'm thinking that if it hadn't been flipped around the truck for 5 days out for delivery, it might not have been quite as dirty/damaged) -- note when it is marked out for delivery that means it is on the truck and is expected to get delivered that day.

I am now faced with a set back on working on the quilt, yet again. Not to mention, that I also stepped in kitty throwup in my stocking feet, on the way to make the phone call to ask for my order to be replaced, which they refunded instead, -- at least that worked out in my favor without a hassle.

Anywho, I have reordered with a different retailer, scrubbed out my sock and put it in the wash, hugged the kitty who is feeling much better now that tummy is empty of hairball, and I'm drinking a soothing cup of hot tea, while I put the email saying I'm getting a refund in a side folder so I don't accidently delete it until my refund shows up.

So, tell me your shipping stories, over a cuppa and we will sigh together!

Last edited by berrynice; 03-07-2022 at 12:28 PM.