View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 01:44 PM
sewingpup

I got a wrong package delivered to my house. I called the carrier who left it. Nope, the carrier said he had delivered to the right house. Well I had the package and I was the wrong house on the wrong street. Nope, the carrier said he had delivered to the right house. I called back three times, finally got someone who said. Well we will send someone to pick it up some time but the carrier has already gone home for the day. What! Well, I didn't want to leave the rather big package on my porch nor did I want to take it into my house as it wasn't mine and I did not know when they would be reappearing to pick it up. So, I did some sleuth work. Do you know how hard it is to track somebody down now that nobody has a listed number these days. Anyway, I googled the dude's name, found out he was a manager at a local business, so I called the business and asked if I could talk to him. I quizzed him and asked if he was expecting a package as I had one I believed was his. I then asked him who it was from. It matched the business on the package. He came to pick it up I did check his ID and gave him his package. I then called the carrier back and said that the package had been delivered. OK, I am nuts! Anyway, I should have demanded a couple of hours of pay!

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-07-2022 at 01:47 PM.