Old 03-17-2022, 09:51 PM
happylab

Happy St Patrick’s day everyone. I hope it was a great one.

I’m in again. My goal, to finish a ufo from 2 years ago. I started this on March 14, 2020 at a mystery lock-in. I want to get it finished so I can show it to the group for this year’s lock-in in another week. I worked on the sub-blocks today. I have 25 blocks 2/3 done. I figure I will have that portion done tomorrow morning and I can start putting the blocks together tomorrow night. Then square the blocks and put it together. I just checked and I’m 90% sure I have enough fabric to complete the sashing and borders. I decided to change the layout a tab to fit my bed. Instead of 111” by 111” I plan to make it ~ 90” by ~120”. The layout will be 6 blocks across by 4 blocks down (18.5” blocks) verses the 5 by 5 block layout. Then I only need 24 blocks verses the 25 blocks. All the parts are cut, I just need to sew. I’m really excited about this one. Then I need to cut out and sew the pre-sewing steps for this years lock-in. I’m so excited about this activity.
For a break I will continue to slowly work on this years BHMQ. I thought I was done with part 4, but found about 20 more to sew. Those perky little butterflies (hourglass). Then finish part 5 and it will be happy block making time. I always enjoy making the blocks.
Happy sewing and quilting everyone.