View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 06:50 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I made a big step today, I ordered my first move-related set of boxes/storage things. We have decided that we are moving the vinyl albums, most of which came with me from Alaska back in 1983... have ordered special heavy duty just the right size boxes that should be enough for what I have.

I also bought a set of (5) plastic totes that are stackable and have lids. I hope to use for my fabric storage, eventually I hope to have shelves but stackable is always good. The ones I have my quilt tops in are larger than I'd like to handle full of fabric. I really like the size and shape of my cardboard banker boxes and that I can still easily lift them even full of fabric and with my short little alligator arms. These are 30 quart, about the same size and If I like them, I'll order more. I'm still not sure how much fabric I want to move, I know it is less than I have so this will be a good test of many things.
I tore an old sheet in 3 or 4 inch strips and used strips to tie around my moving boxes. Lay across box top, cross over underneath and come back up to top & tie in a knot. It makes a great handle and 2 boxes can be carried at once with not much effort. I was told it was a great plan. Good luck. Moving is a huge job.