View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 10:24 AM
toogie

Default Jelly Beans for Declan’s 1st birthday

Hi all! I wanted to have this jelly bean top completely finished for my great-grandson’s first birthday party Saturday. However, I had a fall almost 2 weeks ago now and broke my upper arm. So…I had to give the top and then get it back so when I am able I will quilt it.
I traced out a large jelly bean then asked a friend to digitize the placement line and the highlight for me. I sewed the jelly bean to a Muslin back, right sides together, all the way around. I then trimmed my raw edges close with pinking shears, clipped a slit in center of the muslin, and turned right side out and starch pressed. I used a whole piece of yellow yardage, placing the jellybeans various ways. I straight stitched them to the yellow fabric, close to the outer edge of beans. I planned to stipple or meander quilt the yellow and leave the jellybeans unquilted. Hope you are all well and have a nice day!-Toogie
Attached Thumbnails 4547f7a7-cfed-45e8-bad3-cc7006261311.jpeg   0e26f987-51bb-443b-b731-317794da2b24.jpeg