View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 04:39 PM
mjpEncinitas

Three more finishes. I will be cutting all the extra threads off on the 2000 mile drive home.

the teddy bears are for MacyBaby. I did the handwork on these at Theodore Roosevelt ( teddy bears named after him) state Park in AZ. We had a beautiful campsite and stayed there a few extra days.

the flowers are for pet the fabric. choosing black to go with this fabric was inspired!

finally the farm hexies are for marcialee. The hexies look like little glimpses into fall farm life.

so I got 8 completed on the trip and two before I left. That leaves nine. I’ll do the cutting for most of them on the trip and have a busy week or two finishing them up. I’m slow!

Here’s what i learned doing all these Henie projects. Grey and tan thread are not enough for sewing these hexies together he i es. I should have brought lots of colors.

as you’d expect these hand sewing blocks ( combined with machine sewing) are really time consuming.

as far as using my first sewing machine that I leave at my daughters house:

Old singers run really well but I miss my needle threader and thread cutter that my machine at home has.

having a cutting mat that could fit a full 12 1/2 square on it would’ve been nice.
A 28 mm rotary cutter works for most things but not everything.

ill know for next time!