Thread: To make or????
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 09:57 AM
tallchick

Default To make or????

Some input would be greatly appreciated, as I get older it seems that times change and perhaps I am not aware of current “norms”, so here I am asking for your help and feedback with this.

For Christmas I made my neighbors a queen size quilt for their bed. They are indeed Quilt Worthy and really do appreciate hand made items. They were both over the moon with the quilt, however there was a bit of an argument over who would get to use it. I had no idea of their sleeping arrangements, it is certainly none of my business, but she quickly stated that it would be on her bed and he was SOL! The look of disappointment flashed across his face but nothing more was said. In January she called to once again thank me for the quilt, she just loved it. During this call, she casually said she should commission me to make a quilt for her husband and asked me how long it took to make their quilt. When I told her it took me about 6 weeks she grew silent for a moment then changed the subject.

1: I made the quilt for THEM and it was clearly a joint gift as stated in the letter included. So I am saddened by this power play. But, not my monkey, not my circus.

2: I would like to go ahead and make him a quilt of his own and just gift it to him. Do I make him the same quilt but in colors he likes (I do know his favorite colors) ? Or should I do something different in a smaller size (twin/full)?

3: Or do I just not make him a quilt and let it go?

I really don’t want to ask for their input because at the end of the day I don’t want either of them to feel uncomfortable or feel that they need to pay for anything. In the future, couples will each get their own quilts.

Last edited by tallchick; 03-27-2022 at 10:14 AM.