Old 03-31-2022, 02:55 PM
abc123xyz

Default Cake With Chocolate Pudding on the Bottom

Today I made a chocolate pudding cake and shared it with my brother and his wife. The cake is mixed in the cake pan and then smoothed out and a mixture of brown sugar and cocoa is scattered over the batter. Before putting in the oven you pour a couple cups of hot water or coffee over the mixture and bake it. When the cake comes out there is a cake like top and pudding on the bottom. It is so good served with ice cream or whipped topping. The recipe calls for nuts but I did not add them and instead sprinkled a half cup of mini chocolate chips over the batter before adding the brown sugar and cocoa. My sister in law told me that she remembers when her mother made a similar cake that had a white or yellow layer on top with chocolate pudding on the bottom. I was not familiar with this and wonder if anyone has a recipe for something similar to this. She told me her mother made it often but she has never had a recipe and would love to be able to have it again. Would anyone have any ideas for me? I would love to find the recipe for her.