Old 04-01-2022, 07:31 AM
Fivekatzandaquilt

Default Anyone have this happen?? My machine is brand new !

Originally Posted by itsmesuzq View Post
This is my first post and I searched for this answer but found none so far. I hope someone can answer me. <gulp> I've been quilting my first big quilt on my Juki TLQ98E; it seems to be leaving a fine layer of black oil/dust when I run in on a fast speed. I thought maybe I had to much pressure on the presser foot but that didn't help, then I cleaned everything (again), oiled it (again) and in general spent about an hour trying to clear this up. I'm doing straight lines up and down so it would be great if I can go a little faster than normal...but you can imagine my horror when I look to a thin spatter of oily black "stuff" when I'm done. Some of it comes off when I use the sticky roller, but I'm really hoping that it will come out when I wash it.

Anyway, has anyone ever had this happen and what did they do? It doesn't say anything about this kind of problem in the manuel and I looked online (Goggled the problem) and I didn't find anyone having that problem either. A sincere thank you to anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong. I am new to this machine (I LOVE it by the way) so it I'm hoping it's just "me" and not the machine. ~LOL~
my brand new Juki is doing the same thing!! Anyone find an answer to this problem??