View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 07:38 AM
mjpEncinitas

Valley of Fire is spectacular. Red Rocks is within driving distance of LV. It has some very accessible hikes/walks. Unfortunately my experience there includes the police rousting us out of a camping spot the locals assured us was ok.

well those cute grandchildren were little germ bombs and I came down with a bad cold, 102 fever, hacking cough, wooziness, and right now am an unbalanced fall risk. Took two Covid tests different brands all negative. My husband parked us at a fancy hotel ( well truth be told anything is fancy after a van) and I slept for two days. grandkids all recovered.

We are headed to another hotel with a kitchen for two nights. We have 14 fantastic frozen meals. Then hopefully I’m well enough for the Grand Canyon.

No worries about me. I’m recovering slowly but surely. Colds have always hit me harder than everyone else, since I was a little girl. Frustrating since I exercise and am very careful about diet and am getting good sleep. well this made my decision about the 2nd booster very clear. I’m getting one as soon as I get home.

i might get a little more quilting handwork while I’m there. It’s the longest I’ve gone without exercise in years.