View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 04:36 AM
Snooze2978

Well, somehow while quilting my robotics decided to take a nose dive. The company sent me the items I needed to fix it but seems everytime I tried to fix it back to factory setting I screwed something else up to the point I decided it was best to back off and let a professional fix it for me. My dealer is in IL and I'm in IA so I needed to wait till he had a vacation from the school system he works at which will be this next week I guess. So since I couldn't quilt I decided to clean the machine room as I call it that houses what machines I have....quilt, embroidery, serger. Decided to clean up under the quilt frame and add a few more rolling carts to store stuff and to give me a full length level surface to keep my rolled batting on while I'm quilting.

I found things I'd forgotten I had, found a navy blue flat sheet I've been wanting for the backing on my utility quilt I was making, found a box full of large scraps of silks and satin fabrics, etc. Will be taking some items I found to the thrift store for them to sell such as various colors of denim I no longer want, a chocolate frown quilted velor piece of fabric I don't remember buying and so on.

Plus I decided to make curtains to go over all my threads to keep the dust down as my sewing rooms are in the basement. I'd ordered a dozen twin size flat sheets last year to cover all my quilting stuff while my kitchen was being remodeled as stuff was falling thru the floorboards as they demolished my plaster walls. The house is 120+yo so lost of old dust, dirt and probably mold coming down. Anyway, now I don't need them to cover the unfinished quilts so cut them up to make curtains instead. Also decided to add lettering to depict which threads are behind the curtain. I know which ones are there but someone else might not and it gave me something to do while I wait. I was on the last curtain yesterday and the last thread change when my embroidery machine decided to revolt for whatever reason. So now this machine is going to the repair shop to see what's going on. It's been a number of years since it's had a cleaning so it's not a total loss but I'm now stuck with finishing this project.

This has not been a good start of a year for me. 1st the wiring I had changed out in my back garage was not working on one side so had to call the electrician back. Then last week my AC/Heat unit in the new sunroom wasn't working so had to call the plumber on that. And of course I screwed up the robotics on my quilt machine and finally the embroidery machine decided to jump in on the band wagon. Oh yes, the battery on my car, only 1 year old decided to die a sudden death never to be revived ever again so I had to have my car towed. Not a good year at all but I will look at this as a learning experience and move on. If nothing else my sister and I will be taking our "Road Trip" earlier than we expected as my dealer is 65 miles away in a larger town so we'll make a day of it..................TODAY!!!!