View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 04:48 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
When I put my needle down and raise the presser foot to pivot the sandwich around the needle, if I'm not very very careful about how much weight and pressure is on the needle, it will move from side to side like it does when I change the needle position. It doesn't actually make the noises it does when I press the buttons to change the needle, and when I start sewing again it goes back to where I had it set. Once raised out of the fabric, I can continue to adjust the needle position as always.

Is this something I need to be worried about? My old machine only had one needle position, and the needle would break before it would move laterally. Is there something broken in this new machine, or are they all like that now?
Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
...It is due for a cleaning at the end of the year, I will ask about it when I take it in.
I know this is an older post, but I'm curious if you got it worked out. I downloaded the manual for the Singer 7469 and 7469Q machines. I noticed that you original said "I put my needle down" which I take it to mean that you turned the hand wheel to place the needle in the fabric and then raised the presser foot. It appears (on page 32 ) that there is "Needle Stop Position Selector Switch" which can stop the machine in the needle up or needle down position. I think that if you select the needle down position that it would not move side to side.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.