Old 04-21-2022, 03:19 PM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I think I have to re-do my geese; they are too big and too bright and overshadow the quilt center (I'm doing 4x5 rather than 5x6. I probably should have waited to make them until my top was together).
Care to share a photo? I must admit that the border on RT has me stumped, but the border suggested by BH is (at least mentally) growing on me. When I see it on completed quilts, I really like it.

I just finished the flimsie of Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery 2000 in my “I stand for Ukraine” colors. I ended up making it 2/3 the size in Edyta’s pattern because I bought the wrong size ruler. Some of the pieces thus needed to be cut using a 1/3 inch measurement, which is never fun. And the finished size is a little odd at 46 x 46 inches.

My quilt does have a name: “Where have all the flowers gone?” The name was partially inspired by my light fabrics which are vintage 90’s I bought recently at a recycled fabric dealer. It was, of course, also inspired by Pete Seeger’s anti-war song. Seeger has said his song was inspired by an old Cossack folk song that Mikhail Sholokhov (whose father was Russian and whose mother was Ukrainian) included in his book, Quiet Flows the Don.
Attached Thumbnails img_1479.jpeg