View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 12:53 PM
sewingpup

I think you just keep trying suggestions until you find what works for you. What I do is bring my binding to the ironing board and then as a press the binding in half, I started to simply fold it on itself, so I lay out about 12-18 inches of pressed binding, then start to fold it just folding it around itself until it is all folded. It looks kinda of like a long cinnamom roll where it wrapps round and round except it is laying flat. I then talk some scrap fabric strings (usually trimmed off selvage edges.) and tie them gentle around the binding in 2-3 places depending on how big it is. I like to make the binding before I do the quilting cuz then the binding is all made and I just have to stitch it on. I just untie the binding and lay it on the quilt next to me and I start stitching on the binding ( I don't pin the binding on. gasp! but it works for me) As I stitch the binding on, I will unwind a bit more and move the binding bundle as I go. Yep, sometimes it does come unwound but usually that happens when I have used most of it anyway. I sometimes do get twists but because it is wound on itself it is easier to untwist . This is what works for me, I have tired other methods.