Old 05-11-2022, 05:52 AM
Snooze2978

I didn't start out making quilts but when I knew I would be out of commission for 12 weeks due to foot surgeries I just by accident found out about embroidery machines back in 2000 so I bought one. Then afterwards I started going to an embroidery class at JoAnn's and met some wonderful gals, a mother and daughter duo. From then on, the mother enjoyed making quilts more so than embroidery so one day she decided to go up and check out Viking's MegaQuilter 9" on an Inspira frame. I went with her and decided to jump in on the band wagon but changed out to a Grace Pro frame instead. That was the start of my quilting history. From there on I moved up to larger machines, added robotis and now finally my last machine is the Innova with IQ robotics. I still do embroidery and even have a wedding ring quilt (blocks only) up on the design wall waiting to be put together.

I also make clothes and still have a good supply of dress fabrics though I have to admit I haven't made any clothes in some time since moving up to Iowa from Florida after I retired. I just enjoy making a quilt to give to some one as it says how much that person means to me when they receive it.