Old 05-11-2022, 05:54 AM
Terry in the ADK

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I have no Grandkids and never will (I am fine with that) I have made quilts for everyone I have deemed Quilt Worthy yet I still quilt because I enjoy the creative process. Many finished quilts have found Quilt Worthy homes over the years and I know they are appreciated. I continue in the hopes that perhaps that one day they will give warmth and comfort to my fellow man, be they known or unknown. I have told my daughter that when I am gone she is to take herself a little road trip for a week or 2, take my quilts with her and give them to people who look like they could use a hug.

I have times when I don’t feel like quilting or sewing and that is ok. I don’t think that means I no longer enjoy it, I think it means that I can go do others things and it will be ready and waiting when I do come back. I say give it some time, perhaps you can offer to teach someone what you know and be mentor or find a Charity to quilt for. It is ok to no longer have an interest in a hobby after, don’t feel bad.

That road trip idea is wonderful! So many people would love your lovingly made quilts and the warmth they give them both physically and emotionally. Thank you for an idea to strive to do!