View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 12:08 PM
rryder

Great idea for storing upcoming projects Julienm1 !

I recently decluttered our upstairs hallway by removing my old Sweet Sixteen table that I’d put there when I bought the new Insight table for the Sweet Sixteen. Rather than letting the old table go, I put it back in my quilting studio next to where my Sweet Sixteen is set up. The old table now holds the drawers that contain my scraps, some misc. fabric coloring supplies, and also my fabric cutting rulers. That freed up a lot of space on my small(er) cutting table so now I can use the entire surface of my 36 x24 cutting mat. My next self challenge will be in my other studio where I keep all my other art making stuff. I know I’ve got paper stored in several different parts of that room and it's getting hard to keep track of what I’ve got where. In the past I kept all my paper in one place. But a while back I decided to start keeping the specialty papers with the medium that I am most likely to use them with, so I’ve got water color paper with my water color paints, except for the full sheets that don’t fit on the shelf with my paints. Same with pastel paper and printmaking paper. Then there’s the paper that I use for making journals…way too many different places to look for paper and some of them are just plain hard to get to, so the paper doesn’t get used and I forget what I’ve got.

Rob