Old 05-15-2022, 03:39 PM
RustyOne

Talking

I love fabric. The color. The way it feels in my hands. The way it drapes. I love fabric. My mother, aunt, and grandmother got me started sewing on an ancient black Singer. Had my first sewing class in 8th grade and have been sewing ever since. Clothes for myself, my kids, my animals. Back in the 90s I sorta ran out of people to sew for, so I started making dolls and animals. Then one night by accident I picked up a doll magazine that was featuring porcelain dolls--big ones--and I was smitten. For a long while I made those 30-40" lavish, ravishing ladies. They sold well until HSN crashed and burned the market with their cheap imported crap from China. Suddenly no one was interested in dolls, so I floundered around for quite a while. I had always made quilts--but for family, not for sale. So now I'm back making quilts. Haven't sold anything yet, but that's okay. It just feels so good being creative again and having a firm direction and goals. Quilting makes me feel useful...and the results are gorgeous and unique and all my own.

Rusty