Old 05-16-2022, 05:37 AM
tranum

Most of the women in my life sewed so I grew up with it. I sewed most of my own school clothes in the ‘60s and beyond. I sewed a sport coat for my husband & dresses and tailored blazers for myself to wear to work. I loved working with wool. I sewed a blazer & skirt from tweed looking corduroy & remember getting so many compliments on it. My tailored blazers always had shoulder pads & full lining. Our daughter never had a dress from the store. Time went on and I don’t remember the last time I made garments. My godmother made a baby quilt for each of the kids and my Grandma made them bed size quilts so no need for me to do that.

Life got busy and I never made quilts until I retired at 56 then I started to help our church ladies make mission quilts. They were pretty bad, using donated clothes and worn out sheets. It was my first quilting experience.
We moved and found a new church with an amazing quilting department. Now I make tops by the dozens for local giving. My favorite is the children’s quilts that go to Social Services and the ones that go to human traffic victims.

I’ve always had a love of fabric & the feel of it in my hands.