View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:12 AM
CanoePam

Thanks for the info folks. I figured if my grandmother washing the fabric (by hand or in a wringer washer I assume) didn’t get the marks out, they might never come out. I am making this quilt for my soon to arrive great niece. I am pretty sure it will be used as a wall quilt or, more likely, just stashed since my niece isn’t much into vintage. However I am making the quilt due to a request of my sister. Even if niece doesn’t like it, my sister will be moved; she was very, very close to my grandmother. I am sure we all know how it is - you make a quilt for a new baby, asking about colors and themes, make something you feel hits every request, and you never, ever see it used. Sigh. If it wasn’t for my sister, the niece wouldn’t be getting a quilt for this baby! Therefore I have no qualms about making a lovely quilt in honor of my sister and giving it to her daughter. I will let them handle the rest of it. I am hoping to get it pretty much done in a retreat next week, and I will post it then. I am using 9” rectangular blocks with pink dotted sashing and a solid pink cornerstones. Pink dot for the border. Haven’t decided for sure on binding, but probably the pink solid. Quilting will be straight lines radiating from the center of each Sue, leaving the appliqué unquilted - I think of the quilting as sunbeams!