Old 05-24-2022, 06:13 PM
Veronicalynn_16

Default White 3355

Originally Posted by ginnie6 View Post
In my quest for a cabinet I ended up with a White 3355 machine for free. It sews wonderfully and now I hate to not use it. :-) But I'm having a hard time with it. I found a manual online and it apparently came with 2 needle plates....one for zig zag (the one it has) and another for straight stitching (which it doesn't have). It also only has the zig zag foot. It will straight stitch now but the needle is all the way over to the left so using a 1/4" foot gives me a 3/8" seam. I'm just wondering if I go to the trouble of hunting down those two parts if it will make a difference or if I need to just figure out a way to use it as is?
I have this machine & I know exactly your frustration. I, too, looked for answers as to why my needle won't move from the left. I have a White 1466 as well as the White 3355....they both have the needle stuck in the left position. My guess is that's how they're made. I love both my machines & that's my only gripe. At this point...I've learned to just deal with it