Old 05-30-2022, 05:27 AM
WMUTeach

I don't even think about "quilt worthy". I give to those who the Lord impresses on me. Frequently, not always but often, I will hear a quiet whisper in my ear to give the quilt to _______. Other times, I just make a quilt and set it aside and that same voice will remind me months later that the quilt is perfect for _________. Fom time to time am reminded that I was given an abundance of fabric and a joy in creating and to use it to bless others. No questions asked. Like many other quilters, I love to try new patterns, new colors and produce more quilts than I can gift to my family. So give the quilts away.

I also give lots of quilts to Project Linus. Are the recipients "quilt worthy"? Some probably are not, but that is not the point. I am giving to them to fulfill a momentary need for kind warmth and affection. They will remember and in the future perhaps do the same for someone else. My demonstration of kindness may help to make a little change in some persons life that will bloom into more kindness for others in the recipient's future.

It seems that we are all finding ways to define "worthy" that fit our interests and our passions. Lovely, Quilters are lovely, generous and compassionate people. I am happy to be counted as one of them.