Old 06-02-2022, 03:22 AM
quiltsfor

Yes. My husband and myself put geraniums in urns in front of three of the grave sites at the cemetery just before Memorial Day every year and pick the urns up and bring them back to the house for the winter, every fall.

The graves are, buried on one side of a stone, my husbands grandparents on his mother's side where one urn goes, the other side of the stone, my husbands parents, where the second urn goes, and we'll also have our ashes interred there. Our names and birth years are already on the stone- strange seeing them there but, when we had his parents names engraved on the stone when we interred his parents ashes, we had our names added as well so they would be the same script etc.)

And, then on the third grave site, on the other side of the cemetery, it is for my husband's relatives on his father's side. His father's side are buried (in two locations) in one large plot that has 18 graves around one huge stone in the center, the first burial was in 1775's and the last burial that filled the plot was just after the 2nd World War. There is another large family plot from his father's side in the older part of the cemetery, where the stones are all so weathered they are all but unreadable. The records for the cemetery at that time just list burials not plot locations, that was started in the 1600's (his family was one of the first settlers to arrive in the 1600's) My husband is the last of his family's line on both his mother's side and father's side.

I'm originally from a different state, and the family graves on my side are basically scattered in numerous cemeteries throughout that state. I was only at one site as a child once when there was a burial, graveside funeral at that cemetery. My side of the family wasn't the type to visit gravesites or keep up with family history.