Old 06-14-2022, 05:26 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
Attachment 639618Attachment 639619
Thanks for directing me to this site. I kept looking under Rhododendron Challenges and couldn't find it. Here is my finished BH quilt top. I started it in mid-My and finished this past weekend. Everything went together perfectly except the top and bottom borders were a bit long. So........I took out my paper pieced diamond and put together two flying geese of the same color and it just looks like a bigger diamond LOL I had to purchase more neutrals but everything else was from my stash. I wasn't sure about the scrappy neutrals but from afar they appear almost solid.
Glad you cross-posted here.

I agree that it is great how well scrappy neutrals both blend but also add just that little extra bit of pizzazz to a quilt. A photo of a quilt Alex Anderson made decades ago with nothing but white and off-white fabric (you can use those on the same quilt!) was a game changer for me. And Bonnie obviously embraces this vibe.

Making mostly scrappy quilts mostly with fabrics in my stash does allow me to pretend that materials for my quilts are cheaper than they really are. I almost had a heart attack when I priced buying all the fabric needed for a new quilt (even with most of it on sale) and decided I had better make a test block from my stash before proceeding.