View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 12:20 AM
SueZQ from MN

Maybe you'll feel that the heat has gotten to me here in MN, but my suggestion would be to leave that large a quilt at home. If you feel that you must take some project along, take small items that would fit in a tote bag that you could work on in your lap. Since you will only be visiting your friend for a few days of the 2-3 weeks you will be there, the idea of taking over her dining room to sandwich a quilt seems, in my opinion, to be overstepping your bounds as a guest, especially since it sounds like your friend isn't a quilter. She is expecting to visit with an old friend, not host a quilt retreat. Have you considered that she may have already made her own plans to entertain you? Secondly, after you go back home, what are they supposed to do with the two 4x8' sheets of plywood that would have cost at least $50? haha By your own admission, you say that you are going to visit family, so I say relax and just enjoy being with them and finish your big quilt project when you get back home. Sorry if I have overstepped my bounds.