View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 10:37 AM
MaryKa

Talking

I have vintage Singer machine. The black one With the cabinet. Bought it for $40 at a yard sale that said "Name your own price" tag on the machine. There was another person looking at it and only wanted to give $5. It works and I wanted that machine as it is an exact type that I learned to sew on. When I brought it home Momma went wild with all the stories she had about her growing up days and the same type of machint that she learned to sew on. We had lots of goof talks about the various projects she and I made on those old machines. Right now it is just sitting in the corner as a reminder of those fun days with Momma. She passed a few weeks after we talked about those memories so that brings the machine more dear to my heart as Momma would not have remembered her fun days with her old machine. She had given it away when my Daddy found a brand new model--one that she could move easily as it was now a portable model. Momma said she still liked her old machine the best. I agree. I now have a Singer heavy duty 4423 machine. Still have not been ablr to plug it in because my old gal is sitting right next to it. Have to move my old gal--sometime befor July 1......maybe.