Old 06-27-2022, 12:10 PM
quiltsfor

Question Storing Quilting Rulers for Long Arm or Domestic Quilting

How do you store your long arm or domestic machine rulers. I may be an odd one out, but I have quite a few.

Currently, I have them in plastic containers about 14" square x 1" high. Each type in their own container. (For example a Sew Steady Spin-E-Fex set goes in one and a different Spin-E-Fex Set in another, etc.) I like to keep the full set of rulers together (I usually buy all the sizes of them or get the full set of different sizes) But, I now have container after container. I like them as I can store them flat to keep the rulers flat and I store the containers stacked on a wire shelving unit. The containers are numbered and I have a notebook with the list of rulers and what number container they are in, so I don't have to look through the containers to find the one I need.

I am just wondering if there is a better way to keep them. My cutting rulers are on a stand with grooves cut in it, so they are easily accessible, next to my cutting table. But this would be impossible for my quilting rulers as I have so many of them. As expensive as they are, I don't want them getting chipped or have them fall and break.

Maybe I'm overthinking this and should leave them as I have them. At one time I thought about getting a type of drafting storage drawers (thin and wide and deep) but, alas, it would take up too much room.

How do you store your quilting rulers?