View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 08:54 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by peglh View Post
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions here, I do appreciate them all. If I do go ahead and try making this quilt, I will
post a picture here....but it will be a while!
I’m thinking about making this quilt in a larger than throw size as well. From looking at the completed throw featured in MCCall’s Quilting, it looks like a grid of 8x 8 rectangular blocks (some of which are half blocks at the top and bottom). To make it Queen size you could make more blocks. I found one photo of a quilt make on a 12 x 12 grid. That would mean making more than twice as many blocks (144 versus 64). You could also make each block larger or some combination of the 2.

In case you are interested, the original pattern published in McCalls is credited as having been designed by Patti Carey and was called “Misty Pines.” Patti looks like she released a similar pattern in a similar size called “Winter Solstice.” Patti now has released another pattern in Throw, Queen and King called “Misted Pines.” I think all 3 sizes use the 8x 8 grid with different size rectangular blocks. Here is the pattern on Patti’s website: https://pattispatchwork.com/collecti...s/misted-pines

Last edited by SuzSLO; 06-29-2022 at 09:07 AM.