Thread: Pfaff machines
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 02:21 PM
eparys

So here is my list - I started with a 2054 then bought a 2170, then a Creative 2..0 and now a Creative Performance. The 2170 has moved to my daughter, the 2054 is my backup , the 2.0 is sadly living under the long arm and I love the Performance. Here is the truth - I sold Vikings when I bought the 2054 and my boss was really put out. I had been looking at a D1 but got such a great price on the 2054 that I went for it and NEVER looked back lol.

The older machines are workhorses. I love my 2,0 (which is why it still sits on the floor) and the 2054 is a wonderful machine that goes to quilt retreats with me while the Performance is my daily machine. I am sad that someone has directed you away from the 2.0 Passport but never had any experience with that one who knows. There can be lemons in any line. If you can find a Creative 2.0 or similar model go for it imho. My daughter loves the 2170 (it has embroidery) but the harp on the Creative 2.0 and Performance series is much larger than in the 2054 and 2170 which is why I moved on.

If you can find a used one at a dealer that might be your best bet - but I will add here that the last three I purchased were off a local Craigs list. I would purchase another one in a heart beat - I love them.

Good luck in your search